Saturday 13 August 2011

The story behind every song

"Turbulence - Bowling for Soup


I overheard this song through the radio when i was working at a retail store during the holidays.
Basically when the intro of the song is played, which is just a simple few notes of the acoustic guitar it somehow took my attention away to stop everything i do and just listen to every second of the song.


As i was working at the retail store during the long vacation, many things happened.
Things just can't go on the right track for me, which i also brought my emotions and thoughts to work that affects my 100% performance at work.
With motivation and encouragement i had from many close friends, i manage to continue and carry on with my 2 months contract job.


The lyrics of this song clearly explains my thoughts and the situation I'm in during the 2 months vacation.

"Its so hard to figure out, which way to turn. There's no going back now, all your bridges burned"
this is the first verse of the song, it explains the thoughts i had where i can't find a right direction of life and i've been thinking too much about the past which caused me to be unsure of my directions in life.

"Storm clouds all around you, but a blue skies on the way."
this is the pre-chorus of the song, which is also a very motivation phrase to me personally.
I'm feeling down most of the time during work where the storm clouds represent my emotions but i never thought that there's always happy moments up ahead of me which is also the blue sky.

"And we're all just passengers tonight, and we're all just traveling through our lives. We will reach our destination, so just hang on for the ride. Say a prayer and close your eyes, it's just a little turbulence."
We are all traveling on a very long journey, a journey of lives where we are all passengers. But every journey comes a point where its our destination which is our goal. So say a prayers and hang on, its just a little turbulence which affects our mind a little.

Last but not least.
"take a look around you, look how far you've come. Your whole life in front of you, you've only just begun. We've all got our problems, but they're just bumps in the road. If you only keep on fighting, there's no where you can't go."
This second verse really keeps me going on and tells me not to give up. Every journey, be it our lives or a bus ride, there's always bumps and unstable roads, but if our minds are strong like the engine of the car, we can definitely over come the humps and slopes of live.





No comments:

Post a Comment