Tuesday 2 August 2011

My Memorable Childhood "Bicycle"

Bicycle.

It started out one day when i was at the age of 5, my mummy bought me a bicycle.
A young and innocent toddler, of course i have no experience in riding a bicycle, therefore my mum bought me a bicycle that comes with styrofoam tires with two support wheels screwed at the rear wheel.

I rode the very same bike until i was at the age of 7, the bicycle has worn out and one of the support wheels came off and was unable to be fixed.

Instead of crying and pleading for a new bicycle, i rode my old bike with one support wheels.
Of course depending on the support wheels for two years balancing the bicycle, i would depend on them a lot and felt uncomfortable riding with only one support wheels, i just continued with what i have.

The playful me, still young and naive, went downstairs at the playground to play.
I brought my bicycle along with me, riding around the estate.

I was so not used to balancing the bicycle with just one support wheel, i fell badly and scarred my arms and knees. But that did not stop me from riding my bicycle.
So i kept on riding the bicycle until the last support wheel came off and wasn't able to be fixed, it eventually turn into a two-wheeler.

With my perseverance and courage, i hopped on my bicycle and started riding it.
Without knowing and realizing that i do not have my support wheels on, i rode my bike smoothly like an adult.

Through this childhood experience, i've learnt that Perseverance and Determination is a key that will lead you to success.

No comments:

Post a Comment